Executive Personal Assistant
Not your everyday assistant position. Challenging and fast moving, yet friendly and supportive: a career you will look forward to every day. Work in an environment where every week is different.
- Full time and permanent.
- Time of Day: flexible, you can start at 7am, 8am, or 9:30am each day, so long as you are here 8 hours of work plus your lunch time (eg: 8-4:30pm, or a bit shorter if you use your breaks as your lunch time).
- A great variety in job tasks, every day is a bit different and new!
- A mix of personal and executive assistant tasks.
- Some tasks are administrative in nature and some are hands on (roll up your sleeves) in nature.
- Example administrative tasks:
- Shopping for things on Amazon, at Home Depot, etc.
- Getting quotes from repair contractors and checking in on their progress.
- Online topical research with summary reports.
- Travel booking
- Sorting papers
- Locating activities that will entertain kids
- Filling out government forms
- Locating fashion items that meet criteria
- Example hands-on tasks:
- Dry cleaning pickup
- Finding something in a stack of storage boxes
- Helping reorganize basement storage
- Drive people around like a professional driver or have care refueled
- Basically anything that can save the time of company executives
- Assist executives as well as be assigned to assist other employees or friends of executives, on some days
- Genuine appreciation for helping grow the company.
- Great communication skills
- A "pleasant" personality
- Ability to juggle many tasks and tolerate interruptions
- Comfortable going beyond desk work and into hands-on work
- Medium to strong computer research skills
- For security, a thorough police records check will be required.
- No specific requirements for formal education or industry experience. We evaluate each applicant based on merit rather than formalities.
Nice To Have:
- Previous experience as an executive or personal assistant.
- A habit of smiling frequently.
About The Work Environment:
- Friendly, non-threatening, and non-political environment.
- Mid-sized company but retaining the speed and flexibility of a smaller company.
- We are a great environment for both outgoing people and those who are very shy and introverted (applicable to non-client facing positions).
- We strive to have every employee sitting near a window for natural light and to have plenty of plants throughout the office; we care about employee health.
- Free onsite massage therapy.
- Private nap rooms for isolated thinking time or for taking a nap if you didn’t sleep well last night.
- Atrium to enjoy the sun during lunch.
- Social events worth remembering (fencing competitions, curling, video game or board game parties, coding competitions, commando combat training, robotics club coming soon, etc).
- An example of our culture: Lunch together is in a very comfy sofa room, and even the quiet types are comfortable there.
- Unlimited access to pillage our kitchens for caffeine, sugar, healthy snacks, soups, and more :)
- Additional perks that are cost-shared like motorized sit-stand desks.
- Task focused: everyone in the company heavily uses centralized to-do lists to stay organized, prioritize, and coordinate.
- Fast paced
- Consistent work/life balance: mandatory overtime is very rare.
About The Company:
- Pleasant Solutions is a dynamic company headquartered in Edmonton, a large satellite office in Toronto and Vancouver, and small satellite offices across Canada (including in Calgary, Ottawa, etc).
- Silicon Valley kind of excitement and growth potential.
- Fast growth: One of the 200 fastest growing technology companies in North America with 955% growth over 5 years (based on growth rates in published rankings of the 2014 Profit 500 and 2013 Deloitte Technology Fast 500). Canadian Profit Guide ranked us #88 out of 500 for fast growth in Canada, announced in Sept 2015.
- Stable and well diversified.
- We also operate Western Canada's most advanced studio, which might also be the largest capacity video marketing studio in Western Canada except for television and news stations. The studio team has won multiple awards.
- Full of smart and passionate people whom you can learn from.
- Very low employee turn-over rate, attesting to the value of working here.
- As of 2021, we have begun to greatly focus on in-house product development than previous years where we formerly had a focus on consulting services. Currently, our lead focus is on Webifier, a tool that lets non-technical people build their own full-blown web applications using spreadsheets, and which is beginning explosive growth (see https://pleasantsolutions.com/webifier) as well as privacy products as seen under Paranoid.com. We still do some software development services, electronics manufacturing, marketing services, and IT services. Other in-house products include the high-security Pleasant Password Server.
- An innovative technology company with an aim of achieving results in creative ways.
- We develop high quality software you will take pride in. Our company name says it all.
- Socially conscious (for example, we pay for employees to sponsor hundreds of WorldVision children).
- Achieved zero layoffs throughout Covid.
- What do you have to lose by exploring the possibility? Applying does not take long and we keep your application confidential (never disclosed to existing employer).
- Apply online today at https://pleasantsolutions.com/careers/apply/executive-personal-assistant
- Even if you don't have your resume updated or ready to go, apply anyway; we want to hear from you!
- Please do not apply via email, apply only by visiting the https://pleasantsolutions.com/careers/apply/executive-personal-assistant site.
- executive personal assistant
- personal executive assistant
- assistant to the president
- administration support
- administrative support
- admin support
- administrative assistant
- executive personal assistants
- personal executive assistants
- assistants to the president
- admin supports
- administrative assistants