Software Tester (QA)
Not your everyday quality assurance position. Challenging and fast-moving, yet friendly and supportive: a career you will look forward to every day. Work with intelligent people in an exciting environment where every month is different.
- 2-3 positions, ranging from junior up to senior (based on skill and potential skill, regardless of the amount of experience or education).
- Additional positions for specialists. Tell us your strengths in your cover letter and we'll go from there.
- Other Positions: We are also hiring for other positions (technical support, software developer, business analysts). You may apply for multiple positions separately. If you know someone in any of these areas, please do them a quick and friendly favour by letting them know about this posting.
- Full time and permanent
- Flexible hours (for example: choose to start your day between 6am and 10am, work late some days and shorter on others).
- Fast moving in terms of variety of tasks and expectations.
- Complex ever-expanding software is what is being tested, rather than something mundane or where the product hasn't really changed much from one month to another.
- Opportunity to work closely with a wide range of dynamic colleagues, from project managers and business analysts to software development teams.
- Play a meaningful role in monitoring and testing our products throughout the development process and beyond, identifying and flagging potential issues before they impact our clients. Quality assurance is key to maintaining and expanding our company's reputation for reliability and client satisfaction.
- Be heard throughout a project's entire lifecycle, with your ideas and feedback welcomed at every stage.
- Perform rapid assessment when issues are escalated from customer support, prioritizing and coordinating the troubleshooting process.
- Develop test plans that can streamline and standardize practices on current and existing projects.
- Contribute to technical support, training, helping craft support documents and conduct training sessions with clients.
- Work with development teams to design and monitor automated tests for our clients' custom apps.
- Opportunity to be an innovator with impact by finding new strategies to help us better serve our clients.
- Gain valuable career experience in a variety of industries and project types.
- Mentoring from experienced project managers and business analysts.
- Perform Post-mortem analysis on each bug to determine reasonableness of the development that led to it.
- Opportunity for advancement and job evolution into a variety of potential positions.
- Does not become repetitive or boring, because you'll engage with a wide array of software.
- Does not require evening or weekend work, except in very rare crunch times.
- Intelligence and creativity
- Varied personal experience using web and mobile applications.
- Superb communication and language skills, both written and verbal.
- Creativity at identifying product issues and guiding solutions.
- Passion for finding software solutions for client needs.
- Pride in work.
- Reasonably solid Excel skills.
- No specific requirements for formal education or industry experience. We evaluate each applicant based on merit and potential rather than formalities.
Nice To Have:
- Ability to see opportunities for improvement everywhere.
- Pragmatic approach to balancing perfectionism with getting the job done.
- Strong technical skills.
- Expert-level Excel skills.
About The Work Environment:
- Friendly, non-threatening, and non-political environment.
- Mid-sized company but retaining the speed and flexibility of a smaller company.
- We are a great environment for both outgoing people and those who are very shy and introverted (applicable to non-client facing positions).
- We strive to have every employee sitting near a window for natural light and to have plenty of plants throughout the office; we care about employee health.
- Free onsite massage therapy.
- Private nap rooms for isolated thinking time or for taking a nap if you didn’t sleep well last night.
- Atrium to enjoy the sun during lunch.
- Social events worth remembering (fencing competitions, curling, video game or board game parties, coding competitions, commando combat training, robotics club coming soon, etc).
- An example of our culture: Lunch together is in a very comfy sofa room, and even the quiet types are comfortable there.
- Unlimited access to pillage our kitchens for caffeine, sugar, healthy snacks, soups, and more :)
- Additional perks that are cost-shared like motorized sit-stand desks.
- Task focused: everyone in the company heavily uses centralized to-do lists to stay organized, prioritize, and coordinate.
- Fast paced
- Consistent work/life balance: mandatory overtime is very rare.
About The Company:
- Pleasant Solutions is a dynamic company headquartered in Edmonton, a large satellite office in Toronto and Vancouver, and small satellite offices across Canada (including in Calgary, Ottawa, etc).
- Silicon Valley kind of excitement and growth potential.
- Fast growth: One of the 200 fastest growing technology companies in North America with 955% growth over 5 years (based on growth rates in published rankings of the 2014 Profit 500 and 2013 Deloitte Technology Fast 500). Canadian Profit Guide ranked us #88 out of 500 for fast growth in Canada, announced in Sept 2015.
- Stable and well diversified.
- We also operate Western Canada's most advanced studio, which might also be the largest capacity video marketing studio in Western Canada except for television and news stations. The studio team has won multiple awards.
- Full of smart and passionate people whom you can learn from.
- Very low employee turn-over rate, attesting to the value of working here.
- As of 2021, we are more focused on in-house product development than previous years which had a focus on consulting services. Currently, our lead focus is on Sheetcast, a tool that lets non-technical people build their own full-blown web applications using spreadsheets, and which is beginning explosive growth (see https://Sheetcast.com) as well as privacy products as seen under Paranoid.com. We still do some software development services, electronics manufacturing, marketing services, and IT services. Other in-house products include the high-security Pleasant Password Server.
- An innovative technology company with an aim of achieving results in creative ways.
- We develop high quality software you will take pride in. Our company name says it all.
- Socially conscious (for example, we pay for employees to sponsor hundreds of WorldVision children).
- Achieved zero layoffs throughout Covid.
- What do you have to lose by exploring the possibility? Applying does not take long and we keep your application confidential (never disclosed to existing employer).
- Apply online today at https://pleasantsolutions.com/careers/apply/software-tester
- Even if you don't have your resume updated or ready to go, apply anyway; we want to hear from you!
- Please do not apply via email, apply only by visiting the https://pleasantsolutions.com/careers/apply/software-tester site.
- software tester
- software testing
- software quality assurance
- software developer
- software development
- ui developer
- ui development
- ui tester
- ui testing
- gui tester
- gui testing
- gui developer
- gui development
- software qa
- software qc
- software quality assurance
- software quality control
- software testers
- software developers
- ui developers
- ui testers
- gui testers
- gui developers